Some of the main tasks will include:
- helping patients with the activities involved in daily living such as personal hygiene and dressing
- assisting registered nursing staff and other members of the clinical team to deliver patient care
- maintaining good relationships with patients and carers
- ensure patients get the care and help they need to eat and drink
- observe and report any changes you see in a patient’s condition to the senior nurses on the ward
- maintaining a clean, tidy and safe environment
- maintaining stock and supplies within the ward.
National 4 English and Maths.
You must have a passion for working in health care.
During the MA programme you will be working towards achieving a SVQ 2 in Healthcare Support (clinical).
Healthcare Support (Clinical) SVQ Level 2 (SCQF Level 6)